- A flammable hydrocarbon gas of the alkane series, present in natural gas and used as bottled fuel.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C3H8
- The gas component may be ethane, propane, butane, carbon dioxide, or hydrogen sulphide, but is most commonly methane.
- The towers and tanks belonged to a plant for converting liquefied petroleum gas into propane and other products.
- From natural gas and propane to heating oil and gasoline, prices are on the rise.
More definitions of propaneDefinition of propane in:
- The British & World English dictionary