- 1A plan or suggestion, especially a formal or written one, put forward for consideration or discussion by others: a set of proposals for a major new high-speed rail linkMore example sentences
- The plan includes proposals for the Boreham homes and a new railway station in the area.
- I have given consideration to current proposals for reform in the laws of adoption.
- He wrote a formal proposal, but lost it down the back of a radiator.
- 2An offer of marriage.More example sentences
- After all, convicted murderers always get more marriage proposals than other men.
- I understand that you have accepted a proposal of marriage from Charles.
- A woman scorned, she refused to help him and turned down his marriage proposal.