1A plan or suggestion, especially a formal or written one, put forward for consideration or discussion by others: a set of proposals for a major new high-speed rail link
More example sentences
- The plan includes proposals for the Boreham homes and a new railway station in the area.
- I have given consideration to current proposals for reform in the laws of adoption.
- He wrote a formal proposal, but lost it down the back of a radiator.
plan, idea, scheme, project, program, manifesto, motion, proposition, suggestion, action point, submission, trial balloon
2An offer of marriage.
- After all, convicted murderers always get more marriage proposals than other men.
- I understand that you have accepted a proposal of marriage from Charles.
- A woman scorned, she refused to help him and turned down his marriage proposal.
Words that rhyme with proposaldisposal, counterproposal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.