- An arch framing the opening between the stage and the auditorium in some theaters.More example sentences
- The effect I want is different to the proscenium arch, but the proscenium arch developed because the spectacle of a group of people on stage was fascinating.
- It is a proscenium theatre, but the proscenium arch is made almost invisible by its dark colour, uniting the audience and actor in a single room.
- It stretches into the auditorium, with a fire-breathing dragon atop the proscenium arch, and winged monkeys flying over our heads.
More definitions of proscenium archDefinition of proscenium arch in:
- The British & World English dictionary