Definition of prosecutor in English:
1A person, especially a public official, who institutes legal proceedings against someone.
- The county prosecutor is a public official, but he called these people animals and thugs.
- She says the emphasis is on police and prosecutors initiating legal action, to take pressure off the woman.
- He makes it sound like the kind of thing that a prosecutor would want to prosecute.
1.1A lawyer who conducts the case against a defendant in a criminal court. Also called prosecuting attorney.
- Defendants and prosecutors may appeal a verdict to the Court of Appeals and then to the Supreme Court.
- They will come before the judge and the state prosecutor accompanied by their lawyers.
- After the mandatory training, they will become judges, prosecutors, or lawyers.
Words that rhyme with prosecutortroubleshooter
Definition of prosecutor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.