noun (plural prosomas or prosomata /-mətə/)
- another term for cephalothorax.More example sentences
- Similarly, in spiders there is a common posterior boundary for five of the anteriorly expressed Hox genes coinciding with the division between the two body tagma, the prosoma and opisthosoma.
- Chelicerates are characterized by a pair of chelate preoral appendages and a body divided into two tagmata, the prosoma and opisthosoma.
- The chelicerate body plan is characterized by two tagmata, the prosoma, including head structures, and the opisthosoma.
late 19th century: from pro-2 'before' + Greek sōma 'body'.
More definitions of prosomaDefinition of prosoma in:
- The British & World English dictionary