- The chemical element of atomic number 91, a radioactive metal of the actinide series, occurring in small amounts as a product of the natural decay of uranium. (Symbol: Pa)More example sentences
- Along the way, these disintegration series produce radioactive isotopes of protactinium, thorium, actinium, radium, francium, radon, astatine, polonium, bismuth, lead, thallium and mercury.
- A new method of radioactive tracing involves the use of a new clock, based on the radioactive decay of uranium - 235 to protactinium - 231.
- The dates of discovery of these elements as 1789 for uranium, 1829 for thorium, 1899 for actinium and 1913 for protactinium.
More definitions of protactiniumDefinition of protactinium in:
- The British & World English dictionary