- An enzyme that breaks down proteins and peptides.More example sentences
- Whey contains many types of enzymes, including hydrolases, transferases, lyases, proteases, and lipases.
- Although starches and fats can be broken down without pancreatic enzymes, pancreatic proteases are crucial for protein digestion.
- All of the serine proteases and the zinc peptidases of pancreatic secretions are produced in the form of their respective proenzymes.
More definitions of proteaseDefinition of protease in:
- The British & World English dictionary