- The detention of a person for their own protection: they were being held in protective custody during the trialMore example sentences
- Beaten regularly by other inmates, he attempts suicide, then is transferred to solitary confinement for protective custody.
- But is it your contention that in effect he increased the punishment because he did not take into account the fact that you had spent the time in solitary and protective custody?
- At this time Johnson made his first written request to be put in protective custody, which prisoners call ‘safekeeping.’
More definitions of protective custodyDefinition of protective custody in:
- The British & World English dictionary