Definition of protoceratops in English:
A small quadrupedal dinosaur of the late Cretaceous period, having a bony frill above the neck and probably ancestral to triceratops. The fossilized remains of many individuals and their eggs have been found in Mongolia.
- Genus Protoceratops, infraorder Ceratopsia, order Ornithischia
- He braved civil war, bandit armies, wolves, and sandstorms to uncover the first fossils of the protoceratops dinosaur and the velociraptor theropod in Mongolia.
- But the protoceratops was a small dinosaur which walked on all fours and was likely to have been a clumsy creature with short legs and a long heavy body.
- Why, there are tyrannosaurs out there just waiting to have a nice meal of protoceratops delivered on a platter.
Definition of protoceratops in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan