- 1A thing that protrudes from something else: some dinosaurs evolved protuberances on top of their headsMore example sentences
- Some of their protuberances project close to a metre above what can be vaguely discerned as the original road surface.
- It has very few bumps or protuberances, and the surface has as mirror-like a sheen as you can get from white plastic.
- The ridges form irregularly situated protuberances that house hollow spines usually 0.05-0.06 mm wide and up to 0.12 mm long.
- 1.1The fact or state of protruding: the large size and protuberance of the incisors