1The portion of a ship’s bow above water.
- The ship's prow swung ponderously away from the Aurora Borealis, and her main thrusters fired to accelerate her away from the liner.
- He could see tiny silhouettes scurrying across the ship's prow as it prepared to land, shadows against the sun.
- They readied the ship on the waves under the cliffs and the warriors stood at the prow as the water wound against the sand.
1.1The pointed or projecting front part of something such as a car or building.
- Signal is the first of four large-scale art installations which will cover the prow of the building between now and February 2004.
- But the world still comes to visit Foster where he sits, at the downstream end, the angled prow, of the studio.
- Exterior styling for the Accord appears sleek, but angular and edgy with a squared-off prow and classy beveled grille.
Words that rhyme with prowallow, avow, Bilbao, Bissau, bough, bow, bow-wow, brow, cacao, chow, ciao, cow, dhow, Dow, endow, Foochow, Frau, Hangzhou, Hough, how, Howe, kowtow, Lao, Liao, Macao, Macau, miaow, Mindanao, mow, now, ow, Palau, plough (US plow), pow, row, scow, Slough, sough, sow, Tao, thou, vow, wow, Yangshao
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.