Definition of prowess in English:
1Skill or expertise in a particular activity or field: his prowess as a fisherman
More example sentences
- And his fame has nothing whatsoever to do with his prowess on the football field or in the political arena.
- Padraic will also be remembered for his prowess on the football field.
- Fathers looked proudly upon children who showed prowess in these extracurricular activities.
2Bravery in battle.
- Though Ilantar had little love for the Isaad and their sinister lord, he respected their prowess in battle.
- Pompeii split up much of the land giving large chunks to his soldiers as a reward for their prowess in battle.
- Zaren on the other hand was not a demigod, and Tsuko had not foreseen his great battle prowess.
Words that rhyme with prowessPowys
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.