- An electronic detonator that causes a projectile to explode when it comes within a preset distance of its target.More example sentences
- As the torpedo reaches the closest distance to the target, a magnetic proximity fuse and an impact fuse detonates the warhead.
- The fragmentation and shaped charge warhead is equipped with a proximity fuse and an impact fuse.
- The Exocet's 165 kg high-explosive shaped charge warhead is armed with a delayed impact fuse and a proximity fuse.
More definitions of proximity fuseDefinition of proximity fuse in:
- The British & World English dictionary