- A war instigated by a major power that does not itself become involved.More example sentences
- People are supposed to ‘liberate’ themselves, not rely on some external force to come to their land and fight a proxy war for them.
- Thus, as noted, David Aaronovitch describes the assault on Nicaragua as part of ‘the proxy war fought between the two superpowers for power and influence’.
- Rollback was the American end of the proxy war fought between the two superpowers for power and influence in the developing world.
More definitions of proxy warDefinition of proxy war in:
- The British & World English dictionary