Definition of pseudohermaphroditism in English:
The condition in which an individual of one sex has external genitalia superficially resembling those of the other sex.
- Today in the medical literature human hermaphroditism is divided into three basic theoretical types: male pseudohermaphroditism, female pseudohermaphroditism, and true hermaphroditism.
- Dysgenetic male pseudohermaphroditism is a sexual differentiation disorder diagnosed on the basis of morphologic features in patients with evidence of gonadal dysgenesis.
- Example sentences
- ‘Female pseudohermaphrodites ' are by contrast much more common, perhaps ‘accounting for about half of all cases of ambiguous external genitalia’.
- To determine the contribution of androgens to the formation of male-gender identity, we studied male pseudohermaphrodites who had decreased dihydrotestosterone production due to 5 alpha-reductase deficiency.
Definition of pseudohermaphroditism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan