Definition of pseudohermaphroditism in English:
The condition in which an individual of one sex has external genitalia superficially resembling those of the other sex.
- Today in the medical literature human hermaphroditism is divided into three basic theoretical types: male pseudohermaphroditism, female pseudohermaphroditism, and true hermaphroditism.
- Dysgenetic male pseudohermaphroditism is a sexual differentiation disorder diagnosed on the basis of morphologic features in patients with evidence of gonadal dysgenesis.
- Example sentences
- ‘Female pseudohermaphrodites ' are by contrast much more common, perhaps ‘accounting for about half of all cases of ambiguous external genitalia’.
- To determine the contribution of androgens to the formation of male-gender identity, we studied male pseudohermaphrodites who had decreased dihydrotestosterone production due to 5 alpha-reductase deficiency.
Definition of pseudohermaphroditism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.