Definition of pseudomonas in English:
A bacterium of a genus that occurs in soil and detritus, including a number that are pathogens of plants or animals.
- Live biological remedies like the bacteria pseudomonas have been shown to suppress a variety of turfgrass diseases.
- MBP, for example, shares extensive homologies in amino acid sequences with measles, influenza virus, adenovirus, herpesviruses, papilloma virus, and bacteria, including pseudomonas.
- Surgical site infection at the chest site after cardiac surgery most often involves grampositive bacteria, such as staphylococci, and less frequently involves gramnegative bacteria, such as pseudomonas.
- Example sentences
- Fluorescent pseudomonads and other plant pathogens are generally not known to be naturally transformable.
- However, it is not clear what makes some pseudomonads beneficial and others pathogenic, especially since they colonize the same ecological niches and possess similar mechanisms for plant colonization.
- From the 13 bacterial genomes possessing three or more PKS I genes, seven can be assigned to the actinobacteria, four to the cyanobacteria, one to Bacillales, and one to the pseudomonads.
Definition of pseudomonas in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan