A bacterium of a genus that occurs in soil and detritus, including a number that are pathogens of plants or animals.
- Live biological remedies like the bacteria pseudomonas have been shown to suppress a variety of turfgrass diseases.
- MBP, for example, shares extensive homologies in amino acid sequences with measles, influenza virus, adenovirus, herpesviruses, papilloma virus, and bacteria, including pseudomonas.
- Surgical site infection at the chest site after cardiac surgery most often involves grampositive bacteria, such as staphylococci, and less frequently involves gramnegative bacteria, such as pseudomonas.
- Example sentences
- Fluorescent pseudomonads and other plant pathogens are generally not known to be naturally transformable.
- However, it is not clear what makes some pseudomonads beneficial and others pathogenic, especially since they colonize the same ecological niches and possess similar mechanisms for plant colonization.
- From the 13 bacterial genomes possessing three or more PKS I genes, seven can be assigned to the actinobacteria, four to the cyanobacteria, one to Bacillales, and one to the pseudomonads.
Definition of pseudomonas in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.