Definition of pseudonym in English:
A fictitious name, especially one used by an author.
- He has also published several thrillers under the pseudonym Dan Kavanagh.
- Aragon's writings circulated anonymously or under pseudonyms.
- All of the names in this paper are pseudonyms, and I have left student texts unedited for spelling or grammar except where indicated by square brackets.
- Example sentences
- The dangers are especially keen in the case of a figure like Bataille whose persona was often veiled behind the ruse of pseudonymity.
- Richard Bauckham's essay on the rise of apocalyptic is the most impressive; the least impressive is Joyce Baldwin's resistance to seeing pseudonymity in the Old Testament.
- The chaplain's pseudonymity in this article was both unnecessary and contrary to the traditions of the clinical pastoral movement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia