- A partly bipedal herbivorous dinosaur of the mid Cretaceous period, having a parrotlike beak and probably ancestral to other ceratopsians.
More example sentences
- Genus Psittacosaurus, infraorder Ceratopsia, order Ornithischia
- Psittacosaurus, meaning 'parrot lizard,' was a small, primitive ceratopsian, a plant-eating dinosaur.
- The Psittacosaurus was a strong, agile dinosaur with a powerful beak. A plant-eater, it lived in northeastern Asia between 144 million and 97 million years ago.
modern Latin, from Greek psittakos 'parrot' + sauros 'lizard'.
More definitions of psittacosaurusDefinition of psittacosaurus in:
- The British & World English dictionary