Definition of psocid in English:
A small or minute insect of an order that includes the booklice. Many psocids are wingless and somewhat resemble lice or aphids, and most live on bark and among foliage.
- Order Psocoptera: many families, including the large family Psocidae
- Book lice is a species of insect called psocid which was given its common name as it used to live on the binding materials of old books.
- Most psocids live outdoors and have wings. They can be found on tree bark, tree and shrub foliage, or under stones. These psocids are known as 'barklice'.
- Psocids are common but harmless household pests, smaller than a pinhead, that can live in dry powdery type foods.
Definition of psocid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India