1A form of psychotherapy in which patients act out events from their past.
- The studied interventions included psychotherapy, psychodrama, cognitive behavior therapy, relaxation therapy, and guided imagery or hypnosis.
- Other forms of treatment were electroconvulsive therapy, discussion of the evils of homosexuality, desensitisation of an assumed phobia of the opposite sex, hypnosis, psychodrama, and abreaction.
- They will chip away at any self-deception during the gruelling group sessions, which are at the heart of the programme - though psychodrama and art therapy are also used.
2A play, movie, or novel in which psychological elements are the main interest.
- Many of the characters in Allen's film are afraid to step outside into the world, and their humorless, arid lives again seem more suited to an Ibsen psychodrama then Allen's usual cinema territory.
- Michael Haneke's The Piano Teacher stars Isabelle Huppert in the title role of a sexual psychodrama bearing the Austrian director's standard unsettling thumbprint.
- Scalapino here proposes the Noh might function as a psychodrama, which we might add to the other functions the Noh has served.
2.1The genre to which psychodramatic works belong.
- ‘We've condensed it all in a much more intense journey, a personal experience,’ he says, describing the play as a historical mystery story with elements of the psychodrama told in epic style.
- This novel is an unhappy blend of romance, psychodrama and political thriller set in a wild and picturesque setting.
- Example sentences
- It is one thing to recognize the limitations of objectivity, however, and another to embrace them as giving license to make the classroom a psychodramatic forum.
- His incredible Salaam Cinema is aggressive and psychodramatic, almost as if to directly confront the restrained, patient elements of Kiarostami's style.
- Although several kinds of psychotherapies have been studied in the treatment of depressive disorders, there remains a lack of data on psychodramatic psychotherapy in the treatment of major depressive disorder.
Definition of psychodrama in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.