Definition of psychometry in English:
1The supposed ability to discover facts about an event or person by touching inanimate objects associated with them.
- Ms Vine and Ms Kitson use trances and visions, clairvoyance, dowsing and psychometry trying to pick up stories in the mind from objects to uncover any paranormal activity.
- His society uses psychometry, remote viewing, and scrying as part of their research methodology.
- Sympathetic magic is the basis for psychometry, the claim of psychic detectives that touching an item belonging to a victim gives magical contact with the victim.
2 another term for psychometrics.
- Ulteem required significant analysis efforts, and research development and we have called on the best specialists in psychology and psychometry to design this unique and completely innovative product.
- Clinical psychometry included the Benton visual retention test, Wechsler memory scale, and standard progressive matrices (SPMs).
- Example sentences
- The youngsters were encouraged to complete all questionnaires, to seek assistance from the psychometrist if an item were too difficult, or to let the psychometrist know if they could not or chose not to answer an item.
- Two to four days following admission to the youth psychiatric units, all children were administered the measures listed later by a trained masters-level psychometrist.
- A psychometrist completed the scoring of the audio-tapes.
Words that rhyme with psychometrycraniometry, geometry, micrometry, optometry, pyrometry, sociometry, trigonometry
Definition of psychometry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.