Definition of psychopath in English:
1A person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.
- For a long time we wanted to believe that here we were dealing with abnormal monsters, psychopaths, or mentally defective, even psychotic individuals.
- Nigel Eastman believes that even if neuroscientists could prove that psychopaths had abnormal brains, they'd still be left with the inconvenient fact that nobody seems to know quite what a psychopath is in the first place.
- Studying the statements of violent criminal psychopaths sheds light on their striking and specific vulnerability and emotional pain.
1.1 informal An unstable and aggressive person: schoolyard psychopaths will gather around a fight to encourage the combatants
More example sentences
- She has a boyfriend, who is not an aggressive psychopath like the stalker, but gentle and decent.
- His book is populated with scoundrels, megalomaniacs, psychopaths, manipulators and sadists - people he happens to find interesting.
- History is littered with despots and psychopaths, murderous dullards, evil geniuses, deadly incompetents, calamitous brutes of all descriptions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan