- Of, denoting, or suffering from a psychosis: a psychotic disturbanceMore example sentences
- One simply cannot equate psychotic disturbances which alter the entire personality with physical diseases.
- As well as symptoms of panic, these nine patients all had overt psychotic symptoms and behavioural disturbance.
- Terror always has its roots in hysteria and psychotic insecurity; still, we should know our enemy.
nounBack to top
- A person suffering from a psychosis.More example sentences
- Man and Chen compared the effectiveness of intramuscular injections of chlorpromazine with IM haloperidol in controlling agitated, assaultive psychotics.
- LSD psychotics fundamentally did not differ from schizophrenics except for the amount of parental alcoholism.
- It you want to say, do they have disordered thinking, are they distorted in their ideas of relationships with people, some of them certainly are personality disordered, but not a lot are schizophrenic or what we would call psychotics.
- More example sentences
- In a second scene from Macbeth, Lady Macbeth walks about the castle in a trance-like state, muttering psychotically.
- Little do they know that common sense tells those of us who exist outside of their respective cults that these fanatics are almost certainly, if not psychotically, wrong.
- Well, suicide usually, as we know, occurs when people are psychotically depressed.