Definition of psyllium in English:
A leafy-stemmed Eurasian plantain, the seeds of which are used as a laxative and as a bulking agent in the treatment of obesity.
- Plantago afra, family Plantaginaceae
- The second type of laxative is a lubricating bulk laxative, including demulcent herbs such as psyllium and flax seed.
- I also started taking 1,500 mg of the laxative herb psyllium.
- Total fat intake was also significantly lower in g/d and as a percentage of energy on the day of the meal with the psyllium treatment compared to water.
Definition of psyllium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia