Definition of pub in English:
1A tavern or bar.
- In the commercial section, Canal Tavern won first prize for best pub or restaurant floral display.
- At least the hordes of waitresses in white ensure you can exit this simple pub relatively fast.
- However, this pub has moved with the times and a smoking area is located upstairs.
1.1Australian A hotel.
- Other Kaipara pubs, such as the Commercial, Aratapu and Paparoa hotels, reported static sales.
- Ray decided that, after meeting with Walter, and picking up the car, he would stay at a pub for a few days.
verb[no object] (usually as noun pubbing) informal Back to top
Spend time in pubs.
- But I loved the cocktails and the fact that it was not on a main pubbing street so no drunken idiots hanging around outside.
- Clubbing and pubbing is a major part of life if you're looking to meet someone.
- What drink will you order when go pubbing and clubbing?
Mid 19th century: abbreviation of public house.
Words that rhyme with pubblub, bub, chub, Chubb, club, cub, drub, dub, flub, grub, hub, nub, rub, scrub, shrub, slub, snub, stub, sub, tub
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.