Definition of pubescence in English:
1The time when puberty begins.
- Girls experience epiphyseal closure of long bones secondary to estrogen secretion, grow approximately two to eight inches in height, and gain 15 to 65 lb during pubescence.
- And all this ‘being acted upon’ and individual choice-making eventually, in pubescence and later, mysteriously results in differing sorts of desires and attractions and actions.
- Recently, I wondered aloud about the seemingly substantial number of Great Writers who suffered brothel-related misadventures/trauma in pubescence.
2 Botany & Zoology Soft down or fine short hairs on the leaves and stems of plants or on various parts of animals, especially insects.
- This group is supported by the presence of sparse or early-deciduous stem pubescence and carnose leaves.
- Variation, particularly in leaf shape and pubescence, is considerable in the genus as a whole.
- He gave special attention to the pubescence of the leaves and of the calyces.
Definition of pubescence in:
- British & World English dictionary