(also public corporation)
- A company whose shares are traded freely on a stock exchange.More example sentences
- At stake is the future of the world's second most important market trading shares in public companies.
- The arrangement for security depends on whether the borrower is a public corporation, a private company, an unincorporated trader, or a person borrowing for private purposes.
- Most public companies have a holding company and subsidiaries.
More definitions of public companyDefinition of public company in:
- The British & World English dictionary