Definition of public relations in English:
plural noun[also treated as singular]
1The professional maintenance of a favorable public image by a company or other organization or a famous person.
- Previously she worked for Nampost as a senior manager for public relations and corporate affairs.
- Professional public relations companies have been hired to keep the image right.
- The public relations exercise attracted widespread media coverage for the airline at the time.
1.1The state of the relationship between the public and a company or other organization or a famous person: companies justify the cost in terms of improved public relations
More example sentences
- Over the years, Iftar parties have also evolved as platforms to improve public relations.
- Well, in terms of public relations, it has not been a good week for the White House.
- I feel the police are missing a golden opportunity to create good public relations.
Definition of public relations in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan