Definition of publicist in English:
1A person responsible for publicizing a product, person, or company.
- Stephanie is part of a team of publicists, producers, coaches and managers who look after Tabby's frantic schedule, choreograph his songs and generally keep him on the path to fame.
- His publicists have produced a film showing the veteran politician without the turban, sitting for a haircut, and watching football.
- All the models are there, all the hair and makeup backstage, all the publicists, all the producers.
2 dated A journalist, especially one concerned with current affairs.
- He was the government's publicist, writing pamphlets, verses and periodicals which were instrumental in discrediting the Whigs.
- He is a tireless publicist who has authored many books, articles, prefaces and pamphlets.
2.1 archaic A writer or other person skilled in international law.
- In addition, the aforementioned provisions of the Versailles Treaty were harshly criticized by some eminent publicists, among them the Italian leading jurist and politician V. E. Orlando.
- There is not much difference in this respect between the treatises of the early publicists and those of modern writers.
- Numerous publicists advocated a national celebration before the first anniversary of 1813 and hence between 17 and 19 October 1814, festivities took place in hundreds of cities.
- Example sentences
- Your journalist has not shown even an elementary measure of good publicistic practice or press ethics.
- Publicistic essays were extremely popular at those times when journalism in European countries reached the point when newspapers finally became periodic.
- The article itself is not a program of action, and even is not a publicistic work, but a certain political literary performance.
Words that rhyme with publicistsolipsist
Definition of publicist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia