- 1A person or company that prepares and issues books, journals, music, or other works for sale: the publishers of Vogue a commercial music publisherMore example sentences
- From the sale of music the publisher will pay the composer a royalty.
- The artists were needed to create the music, the publishers to distribute and market it.
- Such practices should only be attempted by experienced journalists and desperate music publishers.
- 1.1chiefly North American A newspaper proprietor.More example sentences
- Both the advertiser and the publisher of the newspaper or other medium will be guilty of the offence.
- They invited various publishers, including the managing director of News Corp, to bid for them.
- There is no in-frame linking, and each news headline includes the publisher's name.
More definitions of publisherDefinition of publisher in:
- The British & World English dictionary