- Light flaky pastry, used for pie crusts, canapés, etc..More example sentences
- The only real overlap is in some of the base recipes like pastry cream and puff pastry.
- The combined effect of the rolling and turning and the rise produced by the yeast is to give a pastry as light as normal puff pastry, but with a softer, richer texture and a more interesting flavour.
- In its richness, it could stand as an emblem for the whole Oslo Court kitchen: white crab meat and mushrooms, in a rich cream-based sauce, wrapped in a purse of puff pastry with a sweet brandy sauce on the side.
More definitions of puff pastryDefinition of puff pastry in:
- The British & World English dictionary