- A few people were crying, and one girl was very sick and puking, but most people tried to stay calm.
- And, oddly enough, I think the only reason I'm back up on the net tonight is because I woke up and coughed till I puked this morning.
- I just remember feeling sick or actually puking up all the time.
- Then I was sick in the night, no puke but sick to my stomach and again I screamed to the black walls.
- Oh, and there's the scene where the puppet spews a ridiculous amount of puke all over himself.
- A faint odor of vomit hung in the air, the acrid taste of puke in my mouth.
- Example sentences
- Ever since I came back after being away, my bedroom door has been squeaking horribly, which it didn't before, which was rather indiscreet when I was being pukey.
- Speaking of bile, my friend James has been hawking his pukey drinks again.
- I'm going to go in and if I start feeling pukey again I'll just come home early.
Late 16th century: probably imitative; first recorded as a verb in: “At first the infant, mewling, and puking in the nurse's arms,” in Shakespeare's As You Like It ( ii. vii. 144).
This is probably imitative and was first recorded in Shakespeare's As You Like It ‘At first the infant, mewling, and puking in the nurse's arms’.
Words that rhyme with pukearchduke, chibouk, duke, Farouk, fluke, kook, Luke, nuke, peruke, rebuke, Seljuk, snook, souk, spruik, stook, tuque, zouk
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.