Definition of puke in English:
Vomit: [no object]: I had eaten to the point of puking [with object]: he puked up his pizza
More example sentences
- A few people were crying, and one girl was very sick and puking, but most people tried to stay calm.
- And, oddly enough, I think the only reason I'm back up on the net tonight is because I woke up and coughed till I puked this morning.
- I just remember feeling sick or actually puking up all the time.
nounBack to top
late 16th century: probably imitative; first recorded as a verb in: “At first the infant, mewling, and puking in the nurse's arms,” in Shakespeare's As You Like It ( ii. vii. 144).
- Example sentences
- Ever since I came back after being away, my bedroom door has been squeaking horribly, which it didn't before, which was rather indiscreet when I was being pukey.
- Speaking of bile, my friend James has been hawking his pukey drinks again.
- I'm going to go in and if I start feeling pukey again I'll just come home early.
Definition of puke in:
- British & World English dictionary