Definition of pulchritude in English:
- The availability of steaming pulchritude has always been a magnetic feature of college life but I never thought that it would be emphasized in recruiting literature.
- Tearing my eyes away from this vision of male pulchritude, I notice yet another Gable.
- Female news readers tend to get the sack when they have passed the stage of pulchritude.
- Example sentences
- The second advertisement is also firmly rooted in the world of youthful and dynamic male sexuality, with pulchritudinous women hanging around the set.
- Borrowdale, stretching south from the attractive bustle of Keswick and the tranquillity of Derwent Water, is about as beautiful as it gets in this admittedly very pulchritudinous corner of northern England.
- In their 11th annual Hollywood issue, the style mag has gathered together 10 of the world's most esteemed and, not to put too fine a point on it, pulchritudinous actresses to grace the cover.
Late Middle English: from Latin pulchritudo, from pulcher, pulchr- 'beautiful'.
Words that rhyme with pulchritudedecrepitude • turpitude
Definition of pulchritude in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.