1North American A ring or tab that is pulled to open a can.
- Some medications are available in commercially prepared vials with a pull tab for removing the metal rim.
- As he tore off the pull tab, brown foam gushed out over his hand and down the front of his work togs.
- Under the plastic top was a foil freshness cover with a handy pull tab.
2US A gambling card with a tab that can be pulled back to reveal a row or rows of symbols, with prizes for matching symbols.
- If you don't win, drink a little more and spend all of your money on pull tab gambling. You gotta love Indiana.
- Strategies used for increasing the chances of winning and abuses associated with pull tab gambling were described.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: pull tab
Definition of pull tab in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.