1(Of a vehicle or its driver) come to a halt: he pulled up outside the cabin
More example sentences
- If I remember correctly, it was the sound of the ice-cream van pulling up outside my house.
- She was gobsmacked when the limo pulled up outside her home in Tattershall, Toothill.
- When a police vehicle pulls up youngsters hide in the bushes.
1An exercise involving raising oneself with one’s arms by pulling up against a horizontal bar fixed above one’s head.
- Add variety to your workout with other great back exercises including pull-ups, chin-ups, machine rows, lat pull-downs and pullovers.
- If you're strong on this movement, perform it after pull-ups and heavy rowing exercises.
- For instance, a good time to train your grip strength is after pull-ups or other back exercises.
Definition of pull up in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.