- A mollusk of the group Pulmonata, which includes the land snails and slugs and many freshwater snails.More example sentences
- Pulmonates are dioecious and hermaphroditic as are prosobranchs, but pulmonates develop directly (there is no larval form).
- There are now hundreds of thousands of species of insects and green plants, and tens of thousands of mites, spiders, and pulmonate land snails (those endowed with lungs).
- In addition, the pulmonate snail, the marsh clam, and several polychaete worms were abundant.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting pulmonates.More example sentences
- In pulmonate land snails, variation in gene organization is found at the level of the superfamily (Yamazaki et al. 1997).
- Being a pulmonate gastropod means that it has no gills.
- Pupa mtDNA shows many unique features that are shared with pulmonate land snails.
More definitions of pulmonateDefinition of pulmonate in:
- The British & World English dictionary