Definition of pulsatilla in English:
A plant of a genus that includes the pasqueflower.
- Genus Pulsatilla, family Ranunculaceae
- Three plants which make an exciting selection for spring colour are aubrietia, pulsatilla and bergenia.
- The genus Pulsatilla includes about 30 species, many of which are valued for their finely-dissected leaves, solitary bell-shaped flowers, and plumed seed heads.
- Pulsatilla is a very rare flower which blooms only at Easter in Slovenia.
modern Latin, diminutive of pulsatus 'battered', expressing the notion 'small flower battered by the wind'.
Definition of pulsatilla in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan