Definition of pump-priming in English:
2The stimulation of economic activity by investment: [as modifier]: a pump-priming fund
More example sentences
- There's concern that he is alienating foreign investors and that his pump-priming will set the economy up for a fall once the stimulus stops.
- But as soon as they came into office, they inaugurated their notorious schemes of pump-priming, deficit spending and so on.
- Thailand's Deputy Finance Minister Pisit Leeahtam also pointed to the limits of government pump-priming, claiming sustainable growth has to be private-sector led.
- Example sentences
- The sponsorship arrangement was a massive help, serving as a pump-primer to get the scheme of the ground.
- The group has obtained some neighbourhood renewal money as a pump-primer and is confident about an imminent decision on a £200,000 grant from the fund.
Definition of pump-priming in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia