- 1The introduction of fluid into a pump to prepare it for working.More example sentences
- When air pressure is negative, air must be evacuated to accomplish pump priming.
- Using fresh whole blood versus reconstituted blood for pump priming in heart surgery in infants.
- 2The stimulation of economic activity by investment: [as modifier]: a pump-priming fundMore example sentences
- There's concern that he is alienating foreign investors and that his pump-priming will set the economy up for a fall once the stimulus stops.
- But as soon as they came into office, they inaugurated their notorious schemes of pump-priming, deficit spending and so on.
- Thailand's Deputy Finance Minister Pisit Leeahtam also pointed to the limits of government pump-priming, claiming sustainable growth has to be private-sector led.
- More example sentences
- The sponsorship arrangement was a massive help, serving as a pump-primer to get the scheme of the ground.
- The group has obtained some neighbourhood renewal money as a pump-primer and is confident about an imminent decision on a £200,000 grant from the fund.
More definitions of pump-primingDefinition of pump-priming in:
- The British & World English dictionary