Definition of pump-priming in English:
2The stimulation of economic activity by investment: [as modifier]: a pump-priming fund
More example sentences
- There's concern that he is alienating foreign investors and that his pump-priming will set the economy up for a fall once the stimulus stops.
- But as soon as they came into office, they inaugurated their notorious schemes of pump-priming, deficit spending and so on.
- Thailand's Deputy Finance Minister Pisit Leeahtam also pointed to the limits of government pump-priming, claiming sustainable growth has to be private-sector led.
- Example sentences
- The sponsorship arrangement was a massive help, serving as a pump-primer to get the scheme of the ground.
- The group has obtained some neighbourhood renewal money as a pump-primer and is confident about an imminent decision on a £200,000 grant from the fund.
Definition of pump-priming in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.