- 1US A team ball game in which a rubber ball is punched or headed.More example sentences
- I come from the part of Brooklyn, N.Y., where girls played punchball or handball, unless they were fortunate enough to have someone pay for their tennis lessons.
- Punchball is a sport similar to baseball but without a pitcher, catcher, or bat.
- Punchball should be declared an Olympic event.
- 2British Another term for punching bag.More example sentences
- He is a past master of the photo-opportunity who, as a Scottish Office minister, wowed inmates at Saughton Prison with his boxing skills by laying into a punchball.
- Despite the lack of a swimming pool on board the ship to Canada, King kept fit by using a boxer's punchball - the method Allan Wells pioneered for track sprinters over 40 years later.
More definitions of punchballDefinition of punchball in:
- The British & World English dictionary