Definition of punctual in English:
1Happening or doing something at the agreed or proper time; on time: he’s the sort of man who’s always punctual
More example sentences
- While they are super-fast, comfortable, punctual and convenient, the Shinkansen trains are not cheap.
- I had some dealings with him, and to my amazement, he never agreed to a discount and was always punctual in meeting delivery deadlines.
- Ragweed hay fever has a short, punctuated, and punctual season.
- Example sentences
- The firm will initially use the upgraded lines to improve punctuality, with delayed trains being able to speed up to meet the existing timetable.
- The Strategic Rail Authority was set up to meet targets for growth in passenger numbers and improvements in punctuality.
- McLean hoots again as she tells the story of how she had come over all grande dame and lectured her younger colleagues about the importance of punctuality.