1An expert in a particular subject or field who is frequently called on to give opinions about it to the public: a globe-trotting financial pundit
More example sentences
- The pundits frequently suggest that Currie are a side who are not capable of winning the league.
- After the game the vast majority of experts and pundits were gushing in their praise of the official.
- Since the war began he has become a regular pundit offering his opinion on American foreign policy.
from Sanskrit paṇḍita 'learned'.
- sense 1.More example sentences
- The indictment of a former Florida professor on charges of being a terrorist has cast a very different light on some past punditry.
- Just look at the last four years of punditry if you doubt me.
- I think we've moved in US political science beyond the point where punditry on these things is sufficient.