Definition of puppet in English:
1A movable model of a person or animal that is used in entertainment and is typically moved either by strings controlled from above or by a hand inside it.
- His innovative use of string puppets and model special effects made the series a huge hit.
- The critics at Bombay Dreams all mentioned the fountain scene, for The Lion King it was the amazing effects and animal puppets.
- From shadow puppets to puppets on a string, the emphasis this year is on visual theatre.
1.1A person, party, or state under the control of another person, group, or power: he was little more than a puppet of his aides
More example sentences
- It is about leading one's own life. It is about not being the puppet or the slave of the choices and desires of others.
- Nicholas is just a pawn, a puppet for Wilson and that is just a temporary situation until Wilson is ready to strike.
- She was remembering how he had played her like a rag puppet being controlled by strings.
Words that rhyme with puppetcockpit • cuckoo-spit • pulpit
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.