- A science depending on deductions from demonstrated truths, such as mathematics or logic, or studied without regard to practical applications.More example sentences
- Venezuela does not cultivate mathematics properly as a pure science.
- Of late, there has been a welcoming trend with more students going for pure sciences and mathematics, which she feels, should have strong fundamentals for study.
- There seems to be a feeling in the schools and possibly society at large that a girl who is doing well in science based subjects would do well to go in for medicine rather than pure sciences or engineering.
More definitions of pure scienceDefinition of pure science in:
- The British & World English dictionary