- (Of an animal) bred from parents of the same breed or variety.More example sentences
- The offspring of a mating between two purebred dogs of different breeds is a mongrel, a mutt.
- Because of the way dogs have been breed, there is little genetic variation within purebred dogs and many breeds of dogs began with a very small number of dogs, so they had little genetic variation to begin with.
- Three of 15 cooperators were purebred cattle operations, one cooperator was already retaining ownership to the feedyard, and six cooperators failed to participate in the feedout program.
nounBack to top
- An animal bred from parents of the same breed or variety.More example sentences
- In my experience purebreds seem to have more health problems due to overbreeding.
- When I asked the owner he said this is a genetic problem with purebreds.
- Their dairy cattle were never the best in Middlesex County, but during World War I George Bogue began to improve the dairy herd with the purchase of Holstein-Friesan purebreds.