Definition of puree in English:
A smooth, creamy substance made of liquidized or crushed fruit or vegetables: stir in the tomato puree
More example sentences
- The beverage is made from Fair Trade certified oolong tea with black tea and organic peach puree.
- Instead of refined sugars, sweeteners like maple syrup, brown rice syrup, fruit juices and purees and powdered fruit sweeteners will do the job nicely.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan, add the anchovies, tomato puree, crushed garlic and olive paste, and stir until it sizzles.
verb (purees, pureeing, pureed)[with object] Back to top
Make a puree of (fruit or vegetables).
- Puree the potatoes until they are light, white and creamy.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, puree the pesto, spinach, and lemon juice.
- For fussy children who don't like veggies floating in their pasta sauces or soups, puree the ingredients in the blender first.
Early 18th century: from French purée, literally 'purified', feminine past participle of purer.
Definition of puree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.