Definition of puree in English:
A smooth, creamy substance made of liquidized or crushed fruit or vegetables: stir in the tomato puree
More example sentences
- The beverage is made from Fair Trade certified oolong tea with black tea and organic peach puree.
- Instead of refined sugars, sweeteners like maple syrup, brown rice syrup, fruit juices and purees and powdered fruit sweeteners will do the job nicely.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan, add the anchovies, tomato puree, crushed garlic and olive paste, and stir until it sizzles.
verb (purees, pureeing, pureed)[with object] Back to top
Make a puree of (fruit or vegetables).
- Puree the potatoes until they are light, white and creamy.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, puree the pesto, spinach, and lemon juice.
- For fussy children who don't like veggies floating in their pasta sauces or soups, puree the ingredients in the blender first.
early 18th century: from French purée, literally 'purified', feminine past participle of purer.
Definition of puree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan