Definition of purslane in English:
Any of a number of small, typically fleshy-leaved plants that grow in damp habitats or waste places, in particular.
- ● Portulaca oleracea, a prostrate North American plant with tiny yellow flowers. ● Sesuvium maritimum ( sea-purslane), an edible plant that grows in damp sand along coastal shores.
- Vegetables rich in glutathione include asparagus, cabbage, cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes and purslane.
- Sprinkle with cracked pepper and garnish with purslane.
- The plant sources are flax seed, walnuts, and purslane, a succulent weed.
Words that rhyme with purslaneDunfermline
Definition of purslane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan