Definition of pushup in English:
nounchiefly North American
An exercise in which a person lies facing the floor and, keeping their back straight, raises their body by pressing down on their hands.
- We may do push-ups and sit-ups and weight training, but we don't do it all day long.
- You can also try strengthening exercises such as push-ups, sit-ups, calf raises, and lunges.
- If you're that guy, try doing elevated push-ups on medicine balls.
adjective(push-up) Back to top
Denoting a padded or underwired bra or similar garment that gives uplift to the breasts.
- It is part of a move away from overtly sexual clothing such as push-up bras, crop tops and low-cut jeans.
- Coca-Cola Ireland is currently running an outdoor billboard campaign, featuring a close-up picture of a woman's breasts in a push-up bra.
- If that were the fact, I'd be wearing miniskirts and push-up bras and going to every premiere every night trying to get a job.
Definition of pushup in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan