nounchiefly North American
An exercise in which a person lies facing the floor and, keeping their back straight, raises their body by pressing down on their hands.
- We may do push-ups and sit-ups and weight training, but we don't do it all day long.
- You can also try strengthening exercises such as push-ups, sit-ups, calf raises, and lunges.
- If you're that guy, try doing elevated push-ups on medicine balls.
Denoting a padded or underwired bra or similar garment that gives uplift to the breasts.
- It is part of a move away from overtly sexual clothing such as push-up bras, crop tops and low-cut jeans.
- Coca-Cola Ireland is currently running an outdoor billboard campaign, featuring a close-up picture of a woman's breasts in a push-up bra.
- If that were the fact, I'd be wearing miniskirts and push-up bras and going to every premiere every night trying to get a job.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of pushup in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.