Definition of pustule in English:
1A small blister or pimple on the skin containing pus.
- Lesions consist of erythematous papules, nodules, pustules, verrucous, or granulomatous lesions.
- Two months later, the purulent discharge, pustules, and erythema had resolved, and the nodules had diminished in size.
- These pimples vary according to the severity of the acne and range from whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, nodules to cysts.
1.1 Biology A small raised spot or rounded swelling, especially one on a plant resulting from fungal infection.
- As the name implies the rust pustules appear as distinct yellow-orange stripes on the leaves.
- Mature soybean rust pustules have a small round opening at the top for spore release.
- Some fields surveyed had orange leaf rust pustules on the lower leaves.
- Example sentences
- Neem soap has been going for years - especially popular with pustular teenagers on the subcontinent.
- Things get nasty as one by one the inhabitants of the house fall prey to the ever increasing hoard of pustular monstrosities.
- He looks back and down towards his enlarged, veined, pustular, phlebitic left leg.
Pronunciation: /ˈpəsCHələr/ /pəˈstyo͞olər/adjective
Late Middle English: from Latin pustula.
Words that rhyme with pustulemajuscule • virgule
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.