- Liable to decay; subject to putrefaction: putrescible domestic wasteMore example sentences
- Flammable gases, eg methane, may be produced on sites formerly used for the disposal of domestic waste or other putrescible materials.
- The levy, payable by landfill site operators, was initially set at £2t - 1 for inert waste and £7t - 1 for putrescible waste, and raised £420m in its first year.
- Tipping rights are the right to bring on to the land what I think is described as putrescible waste.
noun(usually putrescibles) Back to top
- Something that is liable to decay.More example sentences
- The average UK bin is made up of roughly 30% paper and card, 10% glass, 20% putrescibles, 10% plastics and another 10% metals.
More definitions of putrescibleDefinition of putrescible in:
- The British & World English dictionary