noun (plural putti /ˈpo͝otē/)
- A representation of a naked child, especially a cherub or a cupid in Renaissance art.More example sentences
- Among the various bits and pieces we see in this corner are plaster casts of the heads and tiny wings of two putti or cupids.
- Between two relief sculptures of putti sit a Raphael drawing and a Netherlandish portrait of a man.
- At the top of this painting, three putti hover over the scene.
Italian, literally 'boy', from Latin putus.
More definitions of puttoDefinition of putto in:
- The British & World English dictionary